We always talk about immigration and the various procedures involved in it. And we forget that pets form an important part of our lives. No one ever thought whether transporting pets would involve a separate procedure in itself. Our pets are an important part of our family. So, we would not want to leave them behind while immigrating. This article focuses on the steps involved in transporting our pets to Australia.
When it comes to pets, there are certain restrictions imposed. It is similar with Australia. With this, it might also turn out to be a pretty expensive affair on the pockets. The various steps to be followed include:
- The foremost task to be done is to check whether your pet’s breed is permitted into Australia. With this, the age limit to which a pet is permitted to travel. This is because certain breeds such as those of dogs like Japanese Tosa, Pit Bull Terrier and so on are not permitted to enter.
- The next important step to be taken is to micro chip the pet. This has to be done prior to applying for a permit to import. This micro chip should be easily read by any reader which is ISO compatible such as that of Destron or Trovan.
- This is followed by applying for a permit to import. The permit issued is valid for only six months.
- Now, the pet has to be booked to a quarantine station for a particular period of time. Here, it has to be remembered that an import permit cannot guarantee a space in this station. With this, a suitable veterinarian also needs to be found out for the pet. Ensure that the vet selected has been authorized by the local government.
- This is followed by the documentation part. All the 寵物移民公司 relevant documents of the pet must be obtained from a laboratory which is recognized by the government. These documents are of utmost importance in transporting the pet. So, it has to be ensured that not even a single document is missed out.
- After finishing with the documentation part, book for the pet’s transportation. In Australia, there are only a few specified airports where the entry of pets is permitted. The booking should be under Manifested Cargo in a container that is approved by the IATA. A prior permit should be availed if shipping is required as part of the travel. This permission should be obtained from the authorities of the quarantine in the Trans – shipment country.
- The pet should be vaccinated with all the specified vaccinations a night before the departure.
- Check whether it is required of the pet to undergo any further tests. For instance, it the pet is a dog, it must undergo tests for canine diseases at least thirty days prior to export.
- An inspection for pre – export has to be completed within four days of export. It is mandatory that the pet clears in this process of certification.
- After all the necessary procedures have been taken care off, the pet is sealed in a shipping container and is checked in with an airline. The services of animal transport agents could also be used in case the pet cannot travel with the owner. They would ensure the safe passage of the pet.
- Post landing in Australia, the pet would be transported to a quarantine station. The cost for this would be managed by the importer. The owner of the pet would have to pay while collecting his pet.