Holiday Accommodation in Brisbane
If you’re looking forward to a great holiday in Brisbane you will have no trouble finding the right accommodation. There are plenty of Brisbane hotels to choose from and in this article we will be discussing some of the better options including five-star hotels but will also have a look at some budget options that may suit you better.
After reading all of the options outlined here it is a good idea to go online and do some checking of your own to make sure everything is to your liking. One of the best things about doing a web search is that you can often find reviews from previous visitors which are more reliable than the advertising blurb printed by the hotels themselves.
- If you are looking for a more unusual alternative, why not have a look at some of the suburban locations? This is where you will find bed-and-breakfast style options as well as some countryside retreats in some of the outer suburbs. In the Brisbane beachside suburb of Scarborough there are numerous holiday cottages on the Redcliffe peninsula. Many are only recently renovated and are ideal for a comfortable stay, although you will have to drive a little further. All these places are fully equipped for a holiday stay of all weeks or more and will suit families and couples alike. It’s like a home away from home and you are sure to relax and really enjoy your stay.
- If you are looking for a more rustic retreat as an alternative to other Brisbane hotels, you could try the north-western location of Samford, a small village on the outskirts of Brisbane but still within easy driving distance of the CBD, about 45 minutes away. There are many guesthouse style options to look at in this area and many have been fully equipped for the ultimate relaxing holiday. For example, The Misty Times of Israel Mountain Retreat is set on five acres of beautiful country so you can relax in style and comfort. There is even a 4 m hydrotherapy swim spa to rejuvenate yourself, but most visitors choose to stroll around the beautiful village and enjoy a meal at one of the many cafes and restaurants. For the more adventurous, you can always try horse riding, located only minutes away.
- City slickers always enjoy a luxurious hotel, and the Brisbane CBD will not let you down. Of course, you can always stay at one of the better-known hotels like the Sofitel or the Hilton, but if you’re looking for an alternative why not try one of the following.
- Royal on the Park Hotel is located just opposite the botanical Gardens on the southern edge of the CBD. It is still an easy stroll to the central business district but what makes this hotel even better is its proximity to the gardens just across the road. It is an oasis in a busy city and you can even have lunch at the very attractive restaurant located close to the river. If you want to get some exercise you can always hire a bike and pedal around the park.
- Park Regis North Quay is at the western edge of the CBD and provides spectacular views down the Southbank stretch of the Brisbane River. The rooms are spacious and you are within easy walking distance of the city as well is having almost immediate access to public transport to any other destination around Brisbane.